This entire day was dedicated to the Epicenter Conference here in Jerusalem. You can watch videos from the conference at Epicenter 08 Archives. I encourage you to listen to Pastor Ortiz' testimony...he is the man I wrote about whose son was severely injured when he opened a gift they received anonymously for Purim. At the time of writing this, the videos for Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Boykin and MK Gideon Saar (Israeli Knesset Member) are not posted on the archives. If they are added later I encourage you to watch them as well. I'm not sure if they'll be added though. For security reasons I'm afraid we weren't allowed to take pictures at the conference.
A lady sat beside me who has to be the most talkative woman I have ever known in my life. Fortunately, she was interesting to talk to, especially with her New Zealand accent. She is a Messianic Jew who grew up in New Zealand, spent 15 years serving in Indonesia and is now trying to make aliya to Israel. She lives here but hasn't been able to obtain citizenship. I wasn't real clear on all of the details but it had something to do with signing a document claiming that as a Jew she is not a believer in Jesus. She was unwilling to sign the document so they won't allow her to become an Israeli citizen. She said she just kept thinking of the verse "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16)
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment